Friday 8 December 2017

Farmer's Favorite ‎– Rural Work Clothes (New) (1983)

Sorry for late posting, but anyways here the album Rural Work Clothes (New) by Farmer's Favorite. It's from the underground label Skating Pears, but the album/band's style is quite unique than my expectation which Skating Pears label albums had in common. Because of that, I can't surely tell the style of the album (because of my lacking knowledge, and each tracks have different tones.) but, this album is like combination of Junk Jungle Genre's S/T album (Skating Pears; SP-008) and Perfect Product by Fetus Productions (B-Sellers; ISBN4-938198-06-1).

I'm not very into Fetus Productions' Perfect Product and No Wave genre, but the drum is really reminding me of Primitive Community album by Toshiaki Yokota & Primitive Community, which is one of my favorite albums.

*While I'm editing the audio file, there is gap between the tracks, but since album jacket and tracklisting in Discogs are telling only one tracks for each side. And it's hard to hear, but there's some background live noise in those gaps, so I didn't separate the tracks.

And I want to give a shout-out to Costanzo who running such a wonderful blogs like Music x 5 and Various Recorded Detritus for suggesting to post this album. :)

D/L · Discogs 


Unrelated photo; Korean poster from 1964 of À bout de souffle (Breathless; 1960)
(Translation of Korean title is "Do Whatever You Want")

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate it! Even better than I had anticipated. Just curious, does the notes that come with the tape say anything about the band aside from the members? Just curious, because I was a bit blindsided by the English vocals on the B side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was quite surprised at English vocals too, but there is only saying "Farmer's Favorite are ... Tetsu Hiroshi Ogu and thanx to Vivian Konki" and there's no informations in Skating Pears' catalogue insert neither :(

      And I didn't heard about the "Cruel Beasts" tape, but the background of that album sounds very interesting. I'm eagerly look forward to it! Again, thanks for the info and suggestion :D

      Delete
  2. Is there any chance of a re-upload of this one? Kind regards!

    ReplyDelete